EspaƱol

A Dream

Sunday morning I woke up with a strange feeling. I had a terrible dream.

I saw myself in my house but then, all of a sudden, a lion appeared in the living room. As soon as the beast saw me, it became furious. It ran after me to attack. I had no other choice but to run and hide in my bedroom. It did not harm me, but it made me hide. As soon as I felt safe, and I could not hear its roar I opened the door and came out. But as soon as I walked a few steps, the beast showed up again and I had to go back to my hiding place.
Then, when I had a sense of safety, I opened the door again, but as soon as I did, I could see the beast's paws trying to sneak into my bedroom through the door's slit. I was completely helpless, hiding was the only thing I was being able to do in my dream. Every time I tried to move forward, there was the lion trying to kill me. In the end, I cried for help from someone who was in the house. I do not know what else happened and if I ever got to get out of my bedroom.

One thing I know from the Lord: HE SPEAKS THROUGH DREAMS. Job 33:14-16 says:

God speaks in different ways, and we don’t always recognize His voice. Sometimes in the night, He uses terrifying dreams to give us warnings.


God always shows things with a purpose. The dream reminded me the following verse:

Be on your guard and stay awake. Your enemy, the devil, is like a roaring lion, sneaking around to find someone to attack. But you must resist the devil and stay strong in your faith. (1 Peter 5:8-9 CEV)

All of us who are suffering, or in spiritual battles, have to be aware of the fact that the devil is like a roaring lion trying to destroy our faith, our assurance in the Lord. God gives the answer in this verse: we must stand strong in faith to resist the attack.

I pray that God will send His Holy Spirit to strengthen me, to show me the way I must deal with this attack from the devil, to show me what my next moves should be. I pray and ask God to fulfill His promise made to His servants in Isaiah 54:17, that weapons made against us won't be successful because Jesus defeated the enemy at the cross as Colossians 2:15 says:

Christ defeated all [evil] powers and forces. He let the whole world see them being led away as prisoners when he celebrated His victory.

I claim this victory for me and all of my brothers and sister who are being stalked by the enemy. Amen.